Our energy team provides specialist advice across a broad range of energy issues. Our clients include oil and gas companies (production and exploration) and energy (electricity and gas) distribution companies.
Auld Brewer Mazengarb & McEwen were closely involved with the development of the Maui, Kapuni and Pohokura gas and condensate fields. We have acted for a number of international and New Zealand petroleum companies in their New Zealand activities.
Areas of Advice
- Service contracts for operators of petroleum permits
- Contract documents for all aspects of well drilling campaigns
- Preparing joint venture documents for energy companies and the JV operator
- Joint ventures disputes including arbitration and High Court proceedings
- Permit applications under the Crown Minerals Act 1991
- Farming out of interests in petroleum permits
- Electricity Industry Reform Act 1998 issues (including separation of electricity lines business from electricity supply business)
- Line ownership and point of supply issues
- Dealing with customer complaints through the Electricity and Gas Complaints Commission
- Acquisitions and disposals of oil and gas company shares and assets
- Preparing and negotiating contracts for drilling rigs, supply boats, seismic surveys and major construction and fabrication
- Well-site Access Agreements and Pipeline easements
Highlights of Our Work
- Documenting the shared use of electricity infrastructure with telecommunications cables
- Assisting an oil company obtain Agreements for Entry and Pipe-line Easements from land-owners for a petroleum pipe-line
- Advising on the sale of a FPSO vessel
- Documenting line service arrangements between the national grid and a distribution network
- GXP/GIP substation project construction, equipment purchase and maintenance agreements
- Documenting participation in the electricity instantaneous reserves market
- Our firm is a member of the Energy Law Association Inc.