Auld Brewer Mazengarb & McEwen is a law firm providing specialist advice in our particular fields of expertise.
Our clients operate in a range of sectors, including farming (both large and small farming clients), energy, finance, central and local government, manufacturing, property and technology and include many nationally known organisations.
Areas of Advice
- Succession planning
- Business structures and financing
- Leases and other property issues
- Employment and contract issues
- Dispute resolution
- Health and Safety
- Trusts and Estate planning
- Limited Partnership
Highlights of Our Work
- Assessing legacy farm ownership and operational arrangements to advise about implications of a breakdown of family relationships and tougher financial times
- Structuring and financing of off-farm investments
- Acting for substantial farming clients on the subdivision of farmland into lifestyle blocks
- Structuring and legal obligations for equity partnerships
- Advising farming families on:
– estate planning including the establishment and use of family trusts to ensure that substantial farming assets
remain under the control of the family
– succession planning issues and the options available to them in terms of structuring and financing
- Resolving many wages claims relating to farm workers
- Successfully defending the farm owner against a claim ofr unjustified dismissal based on tail jacking
- Successfully representing a client facing prosecution for an alleged failure to take all practicable steps to ensure safety
- Advising clients about the new Health & Safety at Work Act 2015
Our team of lawyers and management staff have worked in the milking shed, the shearing shed, and on the lambing beat and have close family connections in dairy, sheep, beef, crop and horticulture operations across Taranaki, King Country, Canterbury, Otago and Southland.
We regularly write on topics of interest to farmers in Ruminations, Over the Fence in the Tuesday Farmer section of theTaranaki
Daily News. We frequently meet with our clients at their place and we do not charge for travel within Taranaki.